Friday, May 05, 2006

Mindoro Oriental

We're in Puerto Galera right now, which is a beach town and kind of a tourist destination. We came here with 6 of my co-workers, all women. Actually, I pretty much only work with women. Single women. It's hilarious. My job seems very cool, I'll be working with the provincial government, and more or less I get to pick the projects I would like to work on. Calapan is a really nice city, very clean and still really rural. You drive 5 minutes out of the city center and you're in rice fields. I will type more later, maybe in a few days and tell you more about what's been going on, but right now I'm in the WWF (World Wildlife Fund) office and they told me to use the internet. I also have very important things to do today, like go to the beach, drink beer and right now, eat bbq'd something. Mmmm, bbq'd something...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I so enjoy your updates. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I'd love to hear all about your jobs and what your apartment/house is like. I hope that being in a city (as opposed to a small village) isn't a disappointment but in the long run it may work out for the best. Seems like you'd have a wider variety of activities and potential friendships. I think it's also nice to have a little separation between your work and private time. Keep sending photos, the last bunch was great! Lots of love to you both, Paula