Monday, June 04, 2007

A sign of the times

A fun thing to do here is taking note of all the times you see someone blatantly breaking a law or disregarding a sign. I'm not a stickler for the rules, in fact, I could care less, but it's always funny to me to see someone peeing on a sign that says "Bawal umihi dito (it is forbidden to pee here)."

Case in point, this sign:


I found this sign recently on the capitol complex grounds. The reason I noticed it is because I always see people smoking around the complex. People stand outside their office's door, smoking and talking. People light up cigarettes in the office on their way out. People sometimes smoke in the office, by the back window, especially when it's raining. So I doubt anyone is ever fined, let alone imprisoned!! Can you imagine having to go to jail for lighting up a cigarette?
The best part about this sign is the fact that right after I saw this sign, I turned around and saw, I swear I'm not making this up, 3 policemen sitting in plastic chairs, smoking. Right in front of the sign, no more than 10 feet away. Maybe this is lost on some people, but it's never going to stop being funny to me.

No comments: