Monday, October 20, 2008

More information about ACORN

Get the full scoop from factcheck.org, a great independent website that debunks false claims made by both sides. Read it here.

I think the reason this bothers me so much is because it's such an obvious attempt at a gay marriage issue of 2000 or a Swift Boat of 2004. It's the Republicans, again, trying to win by ignoring the issues and focusing exclusively on 3rd party issues that are usually highly exaggerated and unimportant. Just once I'd like to see an campaign run by the Republicans that anything other than mud slinging and name calling. I guess they've got nothing left, courtesy of Bush.

For the record, I'm not a Democrat specifically, I just happen to usually vote that way because their candidates care about something other than big business and wealth. As soon as a Republican candidate beats out a Democrat in their positions on renewable energy, education spending, cutting the defense budget, affordable health care and corporate responsibility, I'll be happy to vote for him/her. As long as they also believe in evolution...

No comments: